When the bread goes stale, don’t chuck it out! Here are some ideas if you have stale bread:
- Wave stale sliced bread under a running tap before toasting.
- Brush the bread rolls all over with milk, pop them in a paper bag in the oven to rejuvenate them
- Turn it to breadcrumbs in the food processor for coating fish, chicken, adding to meatloaves, vegetable burgers etc. Can freeze well.
- Make “French bread” (dipped in milk, then rolled in whisked eggs, baked in butter, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar)
- Make bread and butter puddings.
- Fondu party!!
- Make croutons
- If it’s not too rock hard, use slices as pizza bases
- Toast it
- Rip it up into chunks and add to soups.
Did we miss anything?