Call them mantras, affirmations, meditations or sayings; some days a few positive words can lift you up and get you through a rough patch.
We asked you, our MamaBake community, for the words that raise your spirits, and you answered.
- “Remember, give 100% in everything you do, except when giving blood”
- “It’s just a bad day, not a bad life”.
- “God is the perfect accountant, I only have to worry about keeping my books clean!”
- “If it is to be, it is up to me”
- “You can’t change the wind, but you can adjust the sails.”
- “Be yourself ’cause everyone else is taken”
- “This too shall pass.”
- “Don’t look back you’re not going that way.”
- “Grow where you are planted”
- “To get where you wanna be, you gotta do what you gotta do”
- “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming….” ~ Dory ‘Finding Nemo’
- “Fight battles big enough to matter and small enough to win.”
- “Never see a need and do nothing.”
- “Count your blessings. You may be richer than you think!”
- “Love makes the world go ’round”
- “If it’s for you, it’ll no’ go past you”
- “You’re no’ as green as you’re cabbage lookin’” (my personal fave, that I have NO IDEA of its meaning!)
- “A man on horseback wouldn’t notice” (wise words………perhaps a kilt is required to work it out!)
- “Don’t throw away the substance for the froth”
- “The purpose of life is to get better at knowing what makes you happy.”
- “Be with what is.”
- “Blessed are the flexible”
- “Everyone is a friend until they prove otherwise”
- “You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
- “You get what you get and you don’t get upset.”
- “What will be will be.”
- “Laughter is the best medicine”
- “…and I simply decided to be happy again”
- “Where ever you are, be all there.” ~ Jim Elliot
- “Now and then it’s good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” ~ Apollinaire
For a dose of visual relaxation, dive into our Pinterest board “Mum, relax” and let the tensions of the day just slip away.
Then of course, we’ve got our very own ‘MamaFesto’ that us MamaBakers live by.