By Michelle Shearer
There is something deeply satisfying about having your own ingredients, that you made, in the larder. With all the crap that manufacturers throw in to their food products these days, making your own gives you the peace of mind that you know exactly what you are feeding your family. not only that, but often it can be much cheaper to make your own than buying from the shops e.g. our bagel recipe = approximately 20cents each to make versus approximately $1 each bought at the shops.
Here is a list of our top 1o food basics recipes:
1. Home Made Chocolate (top of the list)
2. Home Made Baking Powder
3. Home Made Bagels
4. Home Made Toothpaste
5. Home Made Feta Cheese
6. Home Made Teriyaki Sauce (with Teriyaki Chicken Recipe)
7. Home Made Seaweed Chips
8. Home Made Bread: budget/big batch recipe!
9. Home Made Caramel Lollies
10. Home Made Muesli: big batch recipe!