By Alethea Mauro
In the words of the husband this chicken is finger lickin good! This big batch recipe is a definite crowd pleaser – I recently whipped up a batch for my father-in-laws birthday celebrations and all you could hear around the table was ‘mmmmmm’ as they sunk their teeth into their crunchy little chicken golden delights!
These are so full of flavour, no dipping sauce is needed.
These would work brilliantly for a MamaBake swap session also.
Serves 4 families
4 kg chicken pieces – such as lovely legs, drumsticks, thigh (on bone prefered)
8 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp ginger, finely grated
4 tbsp olive oil
8 cups of corn flakes, crushed (you can also use the various types by Freedom foods e.g rice/amaranth flakes)
salt & pepper
1. To marinate chicken – Either in a large stock pot or 2 large mixing bowls (not plastic) combine garlic, ginger and oil. Put the chicken pieces into the bowl and using hands rub the garlic/ginger mix over all the chicken. Cover with clingwrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to allow the flavours to infuse. (I generally marinate the chicken in the morning if cooking in the afternoon).
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
3. Remove chicken from fridge. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Place crushed corn flakes in a separate bowl.
4. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then roll in the cornflake crumbs. Place on the baking trays and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crumbs are nice and golden.
Great served with coleslaw or green salad and baked potatoes.