This recipe is incredibly versatile. Add your choice of nuts and cheese into the recipe. Absolutely delicious and perfect for lunchboxes and a great energy sustainer for Mama about mid afternoon.
2 small onions
2 cups cheese, you choose
1 cup dry breadcrumbs
6 sheets puff pastry
1.5 cups of nuts
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1.5 cups finely grated carrot
2 cups oats
3 tablespoons milk.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Pop eggs, nuts, onions, soy sauce and cheese into a food processor and process until fine.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in carrot, bread-crumbs and oats.
4. Cut pastry sheets in half .
5. Spoon mixture in the middle of each half sheet and roll to enclose filling. Cut each log into desired lengths.Brush with milk and prick with a fork.
6. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden.
These freeze well either after step 5 or after cooking and cooled.