By Michelle Shearer
I had a naughty little tub of ricotta squatting in my fridge and felt a bolt straight through me and a voice that bellowed: “Make a TART”. It was a divine intervention, of this I am sure.
What followed, after a flurry of green leaves and broken egg shells, is something we all found rather delicious.
I made this so you may ascertain from that that this is a very simple recipe to make.
xone twofifty gm tub ricotta
one point five sheets puff pastry
four eggs, beaten
one bunch silverbeet, roughly chopped
two cloves garlic, crushed
one onion, finely chopped
one tomato, finely sliced
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to one eighty degrees C. Grease a flan tin. Defrost two sheets of puff pastry.
- Pop the chopped silverbeet leaves, onion and garlic in a gently heated heavy bottomed frying pan and lightly cook. When the greens are wilted, pop pan to one side.
- In a food processor whizz up everything: ricotta, eggs etc including your spinach and onion mixture.
- Lay your pastry sheets across your flan tin until all is well covered then pour your ricotta/eggy mixture into the pastry case.
- Pop in the oven for about half an hour or until well set.
Serve with a fresh green salad with some fresh mint.