By Michelle Shearer
A super healthy kinda cheesecake that is perfect for hot, summery days. There is something very satisfying about knocking up a cheesecake especially one like this that is somewhat of a diversion from the classic kind.
This recipe has low fructose, no refined sugars and best of all requires no hot stove/oven (HOORAY!).
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup honey/rice malt syrup/agave syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
A good pinch sea salt.
2 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1/2 cup honey/rice malt syrup/agave
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Juice of one lemon
Zest of 2 lemons
1 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
Pinch sea salt
1 cup frozen raspberries
- Line the base of a round spring form cake pan with baking paper.
- Whizz up the pecans in a food processor until you have a chunky nut crumb. Add all the rest of the crust ingredients and process until just combined.
- Pour this lot into your prepared cake pan. Using your palm and fingers, press the crumb mixture into the base so that it is nice and even. Place in freezer to set and make a start on the yummy filling.
- Pop the cashews for the filling into the food processor and whizz until nice and fine. Then add all the other ingredients (except the milk) until you have a wildly pink looking smooth batter. Add the milk to smooth out the batter if you feel it needs it.
- Pour the mixture over the frozen, set crust and pop in the fridge (or freezer) to set for an hour or two and then…
- ….slice and serve and eat (hooray!)