Recipe by Katrina Pirie of MamaBake Mackay
This big batch recipes is a super one for the MamaBake meal swap and a fave of the MamaBake Mackay Mamas. Give them a crack, why not?
Makes about 30
2 large zucchinis
2 medium carrots
1 large onion
Punnet of mushrooms
1-2 cloves of garlic
250g packet of bacon
200-300 grams of feta (depending on how much you like)
Couple of handfuls of spinach
about 15 sheets of Puff pastry.
- Grate zucchini and carrot (or use food processor for this amount)
- Add crushed garlic, chopped onion/bacon, sliced mushrooms to a hot pot.
- Cook until soft.
- Add zucchini and carrot. Cook until soft again. Add spinach at the
- end. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off heat and let it cool down.
- Drain off liquid and add feta, mix.
- Cut pastry pieces into 4 squares.
- Spoon 1-1/2 tablespoons of mixture onto pastry, fold over to make a triangle.
- (Can use other shapes if so desired 🙂 )
- Brush with egg. Bake in 180 degree oven till golden.
- Put remainder in freezer in a freezer safe container.
You can use any other vegetables you like, pumpkin is also great in this.
Two are great to have for lunch or with a side salad at dinner.