4.5 cups white rice
800 grams tinned tomatoes
2 large tablespoons of your fave home made taco seasoning
2 large onions
3 cups diced mushrooms
1 tin of corn kernels
2 red capsicums
4 cups chicken (or vegie) stock.
- Sweat off the diced onion and mushrooms until browned.
- Add the spices until heated through. (Can also add garlic and salt and pepper at this stage)
- Add all other ingredients.
- * If cooking in slow cooker – put on low for 5-7 hours, stirring two or three times
- * If cooking on stovetop, more water may be required, boil on medium heat until rice cooks.
Great as a side dish with grilled meat, or very yummy on its own.