By Michelle Shearer
Cauliflowers are on special at the moment and one reason MamaBakers love specials is that it means perfect fare for a big batch recipe! This recipe is excellent for lunch boxes and indeed, along with some veg, make a great dinner.
Makes at least 12 large muffins
One head of cauliflower
One head of broccoli
1 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup of cheese (paleo’s: omit this. I just couldn’t …)
1/2 tsp of garlic salt
Ground black pepper.
Get creative with the recipe: add chopped fresh herbs from the garden, bacon bits, chicken, roasted pumpkin pieces etc.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degreesC and grease a couple of muffin trays (this recipe makes about 12 large-ish muffins)
- Roughly, cut up your cauliflower and broccoli then whizz them up in the food processor until they are rice-y in texture
- Fry the cauliflower and broccoli ‘rice’ in a frying pan in a little oil (of your choice). Cook for about 5-10 minutes but not so it goes all mushy-mushy. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl then spoon the mixture into each of the muffin holes.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until they are golden brown.
I wouldn’t freeze these – I imagine the vegetables would make them go soggy but I could be wrong. They did fine in the fridge for 3 days and didn’t go soggy. These would be great to swap at a MamaBake session.