Recipe by Katie Notley. Words by Michelle Shearer
1/2 tspn salt
2 cups warm water
1 tspn cornflour
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker dish with some baking paper (maybe scatter flour to ensure the bread doesn’t stick to paper). Pour the dough mixture into your slow cooker dish and spread about a bit.
- Over the top, scatter Italian dried herbs, 1 chopped tomato, 2 rashers chopped bacon, 1/2 onion finely chopped and a cup of grated cheese.
- Wrap a tea towel tightly around the lid of the slow cooker (it will be inside the dish) and fit snugly to dish. This helps prevent any condensation.
- Cook on high for around 1 hour and 45 minutes – cooking time will vary so check it after this time.