One of my favourite things about Family Roasts apart from the ritual of it all and spending time together is the leftovers. So many possibilities.
This morning I decided to knock up a Frittata with the leftover roasted honey, soy roast chicken, potatoes and pumpkin. But use whatever you have. Experiment!
Usually, we would sautee all our leftovers in our heavy bottomed frying pan, add eggs, cover on a low heat and then finish off under the grill to brown but today I felt like putting it all in a spring form cake tin.
I had risen early with the rooster so had roasted up some chickpeas while the household slept for some healthy snacks. I added some of these too for extra crunch.
Some leftover chicken
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees and grease a spring form cake tin.
- Arrange chicken and veg in tin then sprinkle feta evenly over the top
- Whisk together eggs, a dollop of cream and enough milk so that you have enough liquid to fill the tin (but not overflowing). Pour over chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Pop in oven at 180 for half an hour then turn down to 150 for another 30 minutes or until the frittata is nice and firm in the middle. It is a good idea to poke the middle with a knife to make sure there is no runny egg.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes in pan then release. Sprinkle over some freshly chopped herbs from the garden and you have another family meal or a day’s worth of snacks for your family.